Operational Organisation Module
The Operational organisation module is developed with 3 strings as backbone: logistics (and the relation with IT), project management and scrum management (managing software delivery that comes under the broader umbrella of agile project management) as an instrument. Underneath the surface, networking and relations management is an important competence in this module. The goal of Universitas Triatma Mulya Stenden in this module is that the Business Administration students learn as much as possible from every perspective in regards to Project and Operations Management.
This module covers some of the basic issues related to instruments and tools used for managing projects in organisations and provide the opportunity for a real-world application of the tools and concepts comprising project management. Studying in Bali where endless projects be it Hotels, villas and cafes mushrooming on a daily basis, road constructions, social entrepreneurship projects and several other projects that are developing on the island serves as a real eye opener for the students as they get the chance to witness a range of projects first hand. As the only International university in Bali, Universitas Triatma Mulya Stenden ensures that the students have a number of field trips lined up for this module which aids in giving them different narratives on project management.
During this module the Business Administration students will be trained in the execution of project management, they will make use of several skills that they have acquired in past modules and already acquired competencies like analysing subjects, making overviews, co-operation with other team members, time management, communication, etc. in a short period of time. The result will be a concrete product at the end that definitely should satisfy their designated client.
The following competences will also be acquired:
- The skills to analyse the surrounding environment and stakeholders of an organisation in general and classify in relevant and less relevant topics concerning a project;
- Understanding applied business tasks in the primary organisation process;
- The ability to analyse the relation between policies (of companies or departments of companies) and operational level and vice versa;
- Recognising the need for improvement and distinguishing the steps of such a process;
- The ability to uphold a professional relation with various individuals, groups and clients and deal with the tension between process- and product orientation;
- Carrying correct verbal and non-verbal business correspondence and communicate accordingly;
- Cultural Intelligence CQ – To be able to empathise with individual and intercultural diversity and people with various backgrounds in a project group, and discover the advantages or disadvantages.
- Experiencing confrontation with a situation which might be approved by a project approach and how to deal with that. The students will operate between 2 dimensions: a structured project approach and a creative conceptual thinking approach.
During this module, students will develop a project report and give an oral presentation as a way to showcase their knowledge. This module also comprises of Lectures, Workshops and (PBL) Problem based Learning system which is used in the global network of Stenden. These have been designed to support the construction of research and written assignments in which all the various components of the module are featured on a multi-and-interdisciplinary basis. Universitas Triatma Mulya Stenden has a number of exciting field trips to several successful businesses in the based in Bali; guest lectures with experience in this field particularly, real-life case studies and so much more. Follow our social media pages and keep yourself up to date with our students’ exciting journeys.